|Darshil Chanpura 70595b0c36|
Alternate binary installer.
Scope - Client
Command line interface be capable of:
- Add package repositories
- Remove package repositories
- Install package
- Uninstall package
- Update repository
- Upgrade packages
Scope - Server
Server should be responsible for
- Generating structured repository configurations and metadata
- Metadata should contain all the details like packages, it's versions, location to download, how to install, etc.
Scope - Protocol
- Archive types can be
- This package type will uncompress and unarchive the package after downloading to a temporary directory.
- once extracted the matching file name should be kept to the desired binary-path location.
- Archive should have the file inside it with the name specified in the Package.
- Default action is copy to binary folder
- Other actions could be something like adding systemd file or launchd file to a particular location to start/enable the service